This salad makes a nice light side dish.
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 2 (15.5 oz) cans sliced or diced beets
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (15.5 ) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1/4 cup crumbly blue cheese
- Drain and dice beets.
- Dice 1/2 of a red onion and add to the beets, then drain and rinse the chickpeas and add them to the beets.
- Mince garlic, add to mixture and stir it all together.
- To make dressing simply mix lemon juice and olive oil in a jar and shake. Pour over beets.
- Top with crumbly blue cheese, parsley flakes and serve.