A comforting dish for the entire family.
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 15 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 13 x 9 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Cook macaroni according to box directions.
- While macaroni cooks, brown ground beef in skillet with red pepper flakes, garlic powder, salt and ground black pepper. Drain and place in greased baking dish. Set aside.
- Make cheese sauce by melting butter in 3 quart pan on high heat, add flour. Mix until incorporated with butter. Add milk all at once, whisking constantly until thick . Turn heat off and add shredded cheese. Stir until melted. Add cooked macaroni, mix well and bake for 10 minutes.
- Garnish the top of mac and cheese with the cherry tomatoes and sliced scallions.