A beautiful salad to delight the eyes and taste buds!
- 2-3 chicken breasts (or 2 cups rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 small can water chestnuts, sliced
- 1 can mandarin oranges
- 2 tbsp chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 lb fresh baby spinach
- 1 lb farfalle (bowtie) pasta
- Prepare dressing by combining all of the ingredients: 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, 1/4 cup oil, 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain water; add noodles to large bowl. Toss the cooked noodles in about half of the teriyaki sauce and refrigerate until cooled.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper; grill until cooked through. Use two forks to shred the chicken.
- Combine spinach, cooked chicken, peanuts, dried cranberries, sliced water chestnuts, mandarin oranges, and chopped onion in a large salad bowl. Add the pasta to the bowl and toss to combine. Add additional dressing, to taste.