A comforting cheesy dish for kids and adults.
- 3 tbsp white flour
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 lb macaroni shells
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 cups milk, whole or 2%
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 sleeves crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 13 x 9 baking pan by spraying with cooking spray.
- Cook macaroni according to box directions; drain & set aside .
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in 2 quart heavy bottomed pan. Add 3 tablespoons flour and mix together. Add milk all at once, stirring constantly until thick. Turn heat off and add shredded cheese, stirring until melted. If too thick, add a little more milk.
- Add macaroni, mix well and put in 13 x 9 pan. It should look like you have too much cheese sauce, but you don't.
- Crush 2 sleeves of crackers (I like Ritz) in zip plastic bag. Add 1 stick melted butter, mix to make sure all crackers are coated. Sprinkle on top of macaroni and cheese.
- Put in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.