A healthy and delicious dish easily used as a main or side dish!
- 5-6 Ciliegine (small mozzarella balls), thinly sliced
- 1 cup tomatoes, grape or cherry, sliced thinly
- 2 tsp brown sugar (optional)
- 5-6 portobello mushrooms, stem removed, washed and dried
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to grill/broil settings on high heat. Arrange oven shelf to the middle of your oven.
- Combine butter, garlic and parsley together in a small saucepan (or microwave safe bowl), and melt until garlic is fragrant.
- Brush the bottoms of each mushroom and place them, buttered side down, on a baking tray.
- Flip and brush any remaining garlic over inside of each cap. Fill each mushroom with mozzarella slices & tomatoes, and grill/broil until cheese has melted and golden in color (about 8 minutes).
- To serve, top with basil, drizzle with the balsamic glaze and sprinkle with salt to taste.
For the Balsamic Glaze:
1. (If making from scratch, prepare while mushrooms are in oven.) Combine sugar (if using) and vinegar in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil. 2. Reduce heat to low; allow to simmer for 5-8 minutes or until mixture has thickened and reduced to a glaze. (If not using sugar, allow to reduce for 12-15 minutes on low heat).