A very elegant looking and yummy tasting bread!
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, large
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine add flour, baking powder & salt. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl whisk melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, lemon juice & lemon zest until well combined.
- Slowly alternate adding flour mixture and milk, in two batches, stopping as soon as the batter is combined. Do not over mix.
- Gently toss berries in flour to coat. Add berries and nuts to batter.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes. Turn bread out of pan and cool.
- To make glaze, whisk together melted butter confectioners sugar and lemon juice. Pour on top of bread when completely cooled. Let set until glaze is hardened.