A lovely summer cake for when the strawberries are ripe!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 box chocolate fudge brownie mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup strawberries, fresh & diced
- 3 cups strawberries, fresh & sliced or leave whole
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 container (16 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350. Spray 3 (9 inch) round cake pans with cooking spray. Line bottoms of pans with cooking parchment paper; spray paper with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, stir brownie mix, 1/2 cup vegetable oil, 1/4 cup water and 3 eggs with a spoon (50 strokes). Spread about 1 cup batter in each of 3 pans.
- In large bowl, beat strawberry cake mix, 3/4 cup water, 1/3 cup vegetable oil and 3 eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on high speed 2 minutes or until blended. Fold in 1/2 cup diced strawberries.
- Pour and spread about 1 1/3 cups mixure evenly over brownie batter in each pan.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool pans 10 minutes. Carefully invert cake layers from each pan onto cooling racks; remove parchment paper. Cool completely (about 1 hour).
- To make filling, in medium bowl, beat cream cheese and butter with electric mixer on high speed until smooth and creamy. Beat in 3 cups powdered sugar until creamy. Carefully fold in 8 oz whipped topping.
- To make frosting, beat 16 oz whipped topping and 2/3 cup powdered sugar with electric mixer on low speed until blended.
- To assemble cake, place 1 layer, brownie side down, on serving plate. Spread half of filling to within 1/4 inch of edge; top with 3/4 cup of the strawberry slices. Repeat with second layer, remaining filling and 3/4 cup strawberry slices. Top with remaining cake layer, top side up. Frost side and top of cake. Garnish with remaining 1 1/2 cups strawberry slices.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving. Store in refrigerator.