This is a cool and refreshing dessert in the summer.
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 (18 oz) white or yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1 (7.5 oz) lemon pie and dessert mix, cooked
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (8 oz) container frozen whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 13 x 9 pan.
- Bake cake according to box directions. Let cool while making lemon filling.
- Make cooked lemon pie and desert mix according to box directions. Poke holes in cake with handle of wooden spoon. Pour lemon filling over top of cake. Spread it out to fill all the holes.
- Cool in refrigerator until completely cooled.
- Top with thawed whip topping.