Quick and delicious!
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 3/4 cup sifted flour
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (reserve 2 tbsp for the top)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9 x 5 loaf pan or line with foil and grease.
- Cream together shortening and sugar. Add eggs and beat well.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add to creamed ingredients, alternating with smashed bananas. Blend only until incorporated. Add nuts and pour into loaf pan. Sprinkle nuts on top if you wish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven.
- Cool 20 minutes and remove from pan. When almost cool wrap in foil and let set overnight.