ServesMakes 3 Calzones
Pizza in a pocket!
- 1 lb refrigerated pizza dough ball (usually found in cooler section near deli)
- 1 (14 oz) jar pizza sauce
- 1 (7 oz) bag shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (6 oz) bag pepperoni
- 1 1/2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Grease 3 round 8 inch cake pans with olive oil, cut 1 pound dough ball in thirds (3 equal parts). Oil hands and take 1 piece of dough and form a ball. Repeat with other 2. Carefully stretch and pull dough, trying not to rip a hole.
- Put dough in 8 inch cake pan. Put on your filling: 3 tbsp pizza sauce, 1/3 bag Shredded Mozzarella cheese, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and 6-8 slices pepperoni on only half of the dough. Fold dough up and over toppings and pinch to seal dough. Cut slits in top to let steam out.
- Bake in oven for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Check bottom of crust to make sure it's golden brown.
- Cool 10 minutes before eating as the center can be hot.