A nice pie with a little different flavor, but still the pecan pie you remember.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup real maple syrup
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 1 package refrigerator pie crust
- 1/3 cup melted butter or margarine
- Bring pre-made pie crust to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out pie crust and put into a 9 inch pie plate.
- Combine eggs and melted butter together with a whisk, add maple syrup, sugar and vanilla.
- Put pecan halves in bottom of pie crust and cover with egg mixture.
- Cover crust edges with pie ring or tin foil to prevent crust from getting too dark.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted in the middle of pie comes out clean.