A complete meal all by itself.
- 2 (15-16 oz) cans of diced or stewed tomatoes
- 4 bell peppers (any color) cut in half, with core, ribs & seeds removed
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the bell peppers in half, removing core, seeds & ribs. Place in 13 x 9 pan (it's important to have a deep dish with sides).
- In a bowl mix together the following ingredients: ground beef, uncooked rice, egg, salt & pepper.
- In a baking pan place the pepper halves hollow side up and fill with the mixture from above.
- Top the peppers with the tomatoes and tomato juice (they will overflow, filling bottom of pan).
- Bake uncovered in oven for 60 minutes.