A simple and delicious appetizer!
- 1/2 cup Italian flavored bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 tbsp Romano cheese
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 - 8 stuffing mushrooms
- 1/4 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced with core and ribs removed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean mushrooms with dry cloth or paper towel. Carefully remove mushroom stems and dice. Set caps aside.
- Put oil in pan along with minced garlic. Add mushroom stems, bell peppers and onions, cooking until onion and peppers are tender. Add bread crumbs and butter, mixing until combined.
- Stuff mixture into mushroom caps and place on foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle mushrooms with olive oil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top with Romano cheese and cook 5 minutes longer.