A nice "stick to your ribs" dish.
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 (8 oz) container of sour cream
- 3 (14-15 oz) cans kidney beans
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 (14 -15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Dice the onion and pepper.
- In a heavy stock pot brown ground beef with onions and peppers. When browned add chili powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes, kidney beans and tomato juice.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Garnish with cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream.