The best you'll ever have!
- 2-3 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- 2 lb thin sliced boneless chicken breast
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 (16 oz) jar marinara sauce
- 2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in deep heavy pan.
- Pound chicken (so that it is all the same thickness) by putting in a zip lock bag and using meat pounder .
- You will need 3 bowls: 1 for flour, 1 for eggs, and 1 for seasoned bread crumbs.
- Line a dinner plate with layers of paper towels.
- Bowl 1: With flour mix cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Bowl 2: Beat eggs. Set aside.
- Bowl 3: Mix 1/2 Parmesan cheese with bread crumbs. Set aside.
- To start breading process: Dip chicken in flour, then egg, back in flour, back in egg, then in bread crumbs and set aside. This gives a nice thick breading for frying. Repeat until all chicken is coated.
- To start the frying process: Start with putting 1 piece of chicken into the heated oil. When first piece is half done, put in another (this is to keep the oil from cooling down too much). When you take out the first piece, drain on paper towel. Put another piece of chicken into oil. Repeat until all chicken is cooked.
- Put some sauce in bottom of 13 x 9 pan, then chicken, more sauce, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 35 minutes or until chicken is done and cheese is golden brown.