ServesMakes 30 cookies
An easy treat with a different twist on a cake mix.
- 1 egg
- 1 (18 oz) box cherry or strawberry cake mix
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 jar maraschino cherries, cut in 1/2 and drained
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain and cut cherries in half. Place confectioners sugar in bowl and set aside.
- With mixer, mix cake mix, thawed frozen whipped topping and eggs together. Dough will be very sticky. Dip mini cookie scoop in confectioners sugar (to keep the dough from sticking) and scoop out dough. Drop in confectioners sugar and roll around. Place on cookie sheet, about 1 inch apart. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Be careful not to burn the bottoms.
- Take out of oven and place a 1/2 cherry in center. Quickly remove from cookie sheet to prevent sticking.
- Cool and store in air tight container.